[image 00678] Fw: Re: Internet-Scale Multimedia Management (ISMM14, November 7) @ ACM Multimedia

Toshihiko YAMASAKI yamasaki @ hal.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp
2014年 6月 16日 (月) 13:28:47 JST

Image-mlの皆様,

下記の通り,
The 1st workshop on Internet-Scale Multimedia Management
(ISMM14, November 7) @ ACM Multimedia in Orlando, Florida, USA.
の論文募集の案内をお送り致します.論文締切は7月7日となっています.

関係分野の皆様,投稿をぜひご検討下さい.よろしくお願い致します.

東大 山崎

On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 11:07 AM, Yi Yu <yi.yu.yy @ gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear colleagues,
>

> CALL FOR PAPERS: The 1st workshop on Internet-Scale Multimedia Management
> (ISMM14, November 7) @ ACM Multimedia in Orlando, Florida, USA.
>

> Every day people create and consume massive amounts of multimedia
> information and data by engaging with various mobile Internet services.
> With a wide variety of multimedia information and data around us being
> aggregated over time, the Internet is getting increasingly information-
> centric. We are experiencing an age of increasing demands on how we host
> various people’s online engagements and how to strengthen people’s lives
> in the physical world with more personalized smart services. One of the
> characteristics of multimedia information and data is that their scale is
> massive and requires a technological infrastructure that can accommodate
> rapid processing, large scale storage, and flexible analysis of
> multi-structured data.
>
> This workshop addresses a focused but broad research theme with an
> emphasis on how to manage and derive value from multimedia data in the social
> Internet landscape to facilitate the connections between users’ physical
> world and their online activities. Workshop areas covered are: (i)
> discovering user-relevant co-occurrences and associations across the
> Internet multimedia landscape, (ii) extracting mobile user intentions,
> physical context, and values of local multimedia topics and events,
> modeling the user-centric physical world and online activities, (iii)
> gaining insights and understanding of voluminous and diverse user
> behaviours, (iv) personalizing decisions and services, and (v) building a
> multimedia ecosystem for Internet-scale multimedia management.
>

> Collecting your ideas and contributions on:
>
> (i) How to exploit multimedia techniques to provide user platforms with
> appealing aesthetics and emotions matching users’ personal tastes? (ii)
> How to leverage multimedia communication technologies to keep users
> engaged with the web on-the-go? (iii) How to use social multimedia analytics
> techniques to understand people’s activity patterns in the physical world?
> (iv) How to refine multimedia management techniques in large-scale
> databases so as to respond to user activities on demand? This workshop is
> interested in in all relevant aspects of people’s lives in the physical
> world, their online presence analytics, and a cohesive set of social
> multimedia data.
>
>    - Massive user web behavior analytics for Internet multimedia
>    management
>    - Location-aware multimedia analytics for online activities and
>    management
>    - Real-world case studies of physical activity patterns from
>    multimedia data analytics
>    - Mobile multimedia data traffic modeling and forecasting
>    - Visualization and interaction for massive music, image, and video
>    data analytics
> [...]

Toshihiko YAMASAKI, Associate Professor
Department of Information and Communication Engineering,
Graduate School of Information Science and Technology,
The University of Tokyo
Engineering Building No. 2, Room 112D3
7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8656, Japan
TEL, FAX: +81-3-5841-6698
Mail: yamasaki @ hal.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp