[image 03067] Prof. Antonio Ortega 講演会のご案内(7/10(火))

Yuichi Tanaka ytnk @ cc.tuat.ac.jp
2018年 6月 27日 (水) 14:40:06 JST

image-ml のみなさま、
(重複受信の場合はお許し下さい)

東京農工大学の田中雄一です.

下記の通り,南カリフォルニア大学の Antonio Ortega 先生による講演会を開催いたします.
是非,御来聴くださいますようお願い申し上げます.構成教員や学生の皆様への周知を
よろしくお願いいたします.以下のURLにも詳細およびポスターがございます.
https://www.tuat-global.jp/topics/event/_710prof_antonio_ortega.html

日時
2018年7月10日(火)10:30-12:00

会場
東京農工大学 小金井キャンパス 講義棟L0013教室

Speaker: Prof. Antonio Ortega (University of Southern California)
Title: Graph Signal Processing for Machine Learning Applications: New
Insights and Algorithms

Abstract
Graph signal processing (GSP) is an active area of research that seeks
to extend to signals defined on irregular graphs tools concepts such
as frequency, filtering and sampling that are well understood for
conventional signals defined on regular grids. As an example this
leads to the definition of so called, graph Fourier transforms (GFTs).
In this talk we will provide an introduction to basic GSP concepts
developed over the last few year. Then we will investigate how GSP
concepts can allow us to view machine learning problems from a
different perspective. Specifically, we will discuss our recent work
in three area: i) novel GFT designs that can be optimized for
different tasks, such as clustering or spatial data processing, ii) a
sampling interpretation of semi-supervised learning, and iii) a
GSP-based analysis of deep learning systems.

Biography
Antonio Ortega received his undergraduate and doctoral degrees from
the Universidad Politecnica de Madrid, Madrid, Spain and Columbia
University, New York, NY, respectively. In 1994 he joined the
Electrical Engineering department at the University of Southern
California (USC), where he is currently a Professor and has served as
Associate Chair.  He is a Fellow of the IEEE and EURASIP, and a member
of ACM and APSIPA. He is currently a member of the Board of Governors
of the IEEE Signal Processing Society.  He has received several paper
awards, including the 2016 Signal Processing Magazine award. His
recent research work is focusing on graph signal processing, machine
learning, multimedia compression and wireless sensor networks.

主催
東京農工大学 グローバルイノベーション研究院 ライフサイエンス・田中聡久研究チーム

協賛
IEEE SPS Tokyo Joint Chapter
電子情報通信学会信号処理研究専門委員会

問い合わせ先
東京農工大学 グローバルイノベーション研究院・大学院工学研究院
田中 雄一 (ytnk @ cc.tuat.ac.jp)

田中

--
Yuichi Tanaka, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology